My favorite science lecturer is Neil deGrasse Tyson. He is an American astrophysicist, and the Frederick P. Rose Director of the Hayden Planetarium, at the American Museum of Natural History in Manhattan.

His Bio on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_degrasse_tyson

I was listening to an interview of his where he comments on how little we actually know about the Universe, and how it works.

We have defined many different types of matter, atoms, protons, quarks,etc.  This makes up about 5% of all the matter in the Universe, as far as we can tell.  Which means we are clueless about the other 95%.  Scientist call this unknown matter “Dark Matter” so it can seem like they have some grasp of what it is, which of course they don’t.

If you could get the answer to any three questions, about anything, what would your questions be?

On this YouTube video he gives this amusing lecture as a counter point to the idea of the Intelligent Design of the Universe.

Stupid Design

Advertisements